Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Little Things...

We live in an ever-growing, ever-changing, ever-evolving society. We want things bigger, better, faster, stronger... yet we fail to take the time to stop and appreciate the beauty in the things that are. Yes, I am guilty of this. I'm always looking on to what's next. Where I'm going to live, what I'm going to do, how I'm going to get to where I want to go, etc... But every once in a while, God gives me a little pinch (believe me, I need it more often than I'd like to admit) and reminds me of how truly blessed I am. I have great family, great friends, a wonderful fiancé, the cutest Chihuahua God ever did create, and everyone is happy and healthy. Honestly, I couldn't ask for anything more. I'm already blessed far beyond what I could ever deserve.




So today I want to list some of the little things I am thankful for:

~ I woke up to the aroma of a fresh pot of coffee brewing from downstairs

~ I had the sweetest little Chihuahua sleeping on my pillow beside me this morning and it made me smile

~ When I got to work, a co-worker surprised me with a whole set of bath products from the Hershey's Factory- that's real chocolate bubble bath, ya'll!

~ I got a cold and delicious Starbucks for lunch complete with a Treat Receipt for later ;)

~ I found a hot pink pair of Nike running shorts to don at the gym later this week- when I feel like working out again

~ I am exactly 1 hour away from being off work and spending the rest of the afternoon with my sweet fiancé and Chloe

~ The sun is out and the weather is beautiful



Life is good- really good!

1 comment:

  1. I did a post like this once! Nothing feels better than appreciating all God's blessings, no matter how "small" they may seem. =D And you are one blessed lady! Love you.

    ReplyDelete