Thursday, August 26, 2010

So blessed and undeserving.

This past weekend was absolutely beautiful!

I had my first wedding shower on Saturday. I tell you, there is something so overwhelming about being in the room with so many people that you love, all coming together to celebrate you. It was such a neat experience looking around the room and seeing all of the familiar faces that I've come to know, love, and respect throughout my lifetime.

Lindsey planned this shower and I have to tell you, my expectations were blown out of the water as soon as I walked in. Don't get me wrong, I knew she would do an amazing job (she's just good like that)! However, I did not expect that she would make it so personal with all of the thoughtful little intricate details that only Lindsey would know to include. I was completely blown away and I enjoyed every second of it.

As I was opening all of my (many, many) gifts, all I could think about is how blessed I am... and how I don't deserve a bit of it! For whatever reason, God has been so good to me. There is no way that I would be the young woman that I am today without the influence, encouragement, and love of these amazing women around me. Even more, there is no way that I would be the young woman that I am today if there wasn't a God who loved me in spite of myself and chose to make me His anyway.

I don't ever want to take for granted the love of my family or friends. I especially don't ever want to take for granted the love of my father. He loves me so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment