Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I want casserole friends!

I'm sure you might have just raised an eyebrow or two reading the headline of this post, but it is 100% truth. I'll do my best to explain...

If I am sick, or if there is a tragedy, or some kind of crisis going on in my life, I don't want my friends to stalk my facebook page to figure out what's going on, or discuss my life happenings with others. I want them to call me up, tell me they love me, and bring me a casserole! Few girls have that luxury.

However, I have really been blessed in that department. On my wedding day, I looked around the room at my bridesmaids and I thought to myself for a moment... there wasn't one girl in the room that I did not consider to be a true friend. I know that they all love me and I love them, and I have no doubts that if the time ever came, my house would be just full of casseroles! I would also be sending them just the same!

When I was a little girl my grandpa told me, "one day you'll see that you can count your true friends on one hand." I thought he was plum-crazy! I considered everybody my friend! I had two best friends that I knew for sure would be my best friends forever. However, my grandpa was right... for the most part. I rarely even speak to my two best friends anymore... and when I do, its more like running into an old acquaintance in the grocery store.

I always try to be a good friend. Now, I'm not claiming to be any kind of superhero friend, but I do the best that I can. I want to be there for the ones I love, as I know that they would be there for me. As I've gotten older, I've really learned who my casserole friends are... and unfortunately I've also run across a few fair weather ones as well. As I continue to grow, I want to make as much time as I can for my casserole friends.

It isn't always going to be sunny, so I want to know who will pull on their stylish rainboots and weather the storms of life with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment