Thursday, April 29, 2010

Well it's Thursday and this concludes the end of my work week....

I'm leaving the office today at 4:00 to attend a retreat for the weekend. I can't really say a whole lot about what I'm going to be doing there because frankly, I have no idea! What kind of person signs up for a weekend that they don't know what they are going to be doing? Heck, I could be hanging around a bunch of hillbilly jagaloons for all I know and I won't have the slightest clue until I get there! The thing is, no one will tell you about this kind of retreat. It's called "Discipleship Walk" and it is supposed to be a weekend that you commit to spending with God. I'm told that the reason you don't know much going into it is because if you knew, it would ruin it. Typically my cynical self would be completely opposed to something like this, but on this occasion both of my parents have done this before and highly recommend me to do it as well. I suppose I should be able to trust my parents.... but if I go missing after Monday, call anybody you can think of! ;)

I'll try to give an update next week to say how it went...

We did get our engagement pictures back on Monday and I was pretty impressed. I mean, I don't love them all but there are a few that I thought were pretty cute. I think our photographer should win an award for having to put up with my 27 year old child, and still getting some good shots of him during the process. I suppose I can post a few here:

2 comments:

  1. Aw I think those pictures are great! It doesn't hurt that you are both gorgeous people & couldn't take a bad picture anyway ;)Your comment about the photog putting up with a 27 year old child made me laugh - Hmm but wait that sounds so familiar... oh wait that's my husband too! :) Have a good time on your retreat... I hope that it is a great experience for you and I definately will make sure you return on Monday :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady!!! Soooooooooo sooooooo soooo sad I'm not with you right now on the retreat!!! **sniff** Love the pics of you and kylie!! I'll email you monday to check on you :)

    ReplyDelete