Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Time is Here.... Snow is in Your Hair....

I never really did learn the correct words to that song, but I still sing it as loud and obnoxiously as possible to Kyle beginning every November and ending somewhere mid-March. :) He doesn't like to admit that he loves it, but I know that it gets him every time.

We went on Saturday to get everyone's Christmas presents and I am proud to say, "Mission accomplished!" Now I just have to get a few little things for Kyle to open on Christmas morning and I'll be all finished.He asked me not to get him anything this year, but I can't help it if Santa told me to do it, right?

I'm really excited to spend our first Christmas together as husband and wife! We actually spent last Christmas together, (because Kyle proposed on Christmas Eve), but this year will be different. For starters, I won't be in shock the whole day and answering everyone's questions about wedding plans! Whew! That sounds quite lovely!

I'm thinking I'll probably take one night this week and do the usual baking tradition with Mom while we watch Rudolph, and Frosty, and then by the time Christmas actually gets here on Saturday, I'll be so fat that I have to wear spandex and maybe see if I can tell everyone that I had an allergic reaction to something, hence the swelling. ;)

I've been thinking that I would like to start a new tradition with Kyle for Christmas mornings. At my parents' house, my brother would always be the first one up at the butt crack of dawn and force everyone out of their beds to start opening gifts, but now that I live with Kyle, I want to start something new with him. Maybe I'll get up early and make breakfast? Maybe make some kind of delicious zillion calorie recipe and eat it first thing? I'll have to think of something..

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and yours. Remember the reason for the season and give an extra squeeze to your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment